Tuesday, June 12, 2012

We often talk about NFL football things.

I and many good friends, they all like football. So often we discuss together.“I don’t really know that. I didn’t hear that. I didn’t talk to his agent about that. There’s no need to talk about that,” Jones said. “We’ve got a great situation here, and we’re going to be really able to maximize the use of the talent we got here at cornerback.”

Asked if he gave Jenkins a pep talk, Jones said, “No. We just discussed the team and the prospect of how great it’s going to be to have him working with these other corners. And our talent back there could really make our defense special. There was no talk about contract or expression of animosity or anything like that.”

So, what did they talk about?

Actually discuss their love of sport, is a very interesting. I've always enjoyed this happy.“I didn’t see anything other than talking about this year’s team,” Jones said. “I asked him how he was feeling, what he weighed and that type of thing. No issue regarding my conversation with him regarding his status.”




Like football bring us happiness.Jenkins was the only player who didn’t appear at Valley Ranch during the voluntary part of the offseason. He spent the spring in Florida recovering from shoulder surgery. He declined interviews Tuesday.

Jones has no fear Jenkins will not compete at his best once he’s healthy.

“I’ve never seen Mike Jenkins not compete. I have not,” Jones said. “He’s a guy that’s a competitor. All the incentives are here for him to come in and have a big year. There is no rationale to have at all not to have a big year. He needs to get well and rehab, but he’s aligned right with everything that I’m aligned with and the Cowboys are aligned with: get in here, have a big year, play with a great bunch, this secondary, his corners, distinguish themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment